Search This Blog

Thursday 13 May 2010

French Connection Marketing Internship






Back at the beginning of April, it really did feel like that special time of year. We all had high hopes that the summer was just around the corner and we'd soon be rocking our gladiators every day. Sadly, that was not the case, and I for one am still firmly attached to my boots and scarves. Got to love the British weather, right? Having said that, I must admit that for me it hasn't been all doom and gloom, as April was also the month when I started at French Connection.

I was invited to interview for a Marketing internship at Head Office, based in Camden. The offices themselves weren't much to look at from the outside, but once inside I really got the sense of being at the beating heart of an international fashion brand. I was greeted by a huge poster from French Connection's current 'This is The Man/This is The Woman' campaign. (If you haven't seen the movie clips from this campaign you can check them out here. I recommend giving them a look, I think I am in love with The Man).

The interview itself took place with the Brand Marketing Manager in a glass meeting room situated just off the Graphics floor. The office is flooded with natural light and is almost entirely open plan which gives it such a modern feel. Littered around the office there are various images and show cards from French Connection's promotions and campaigns, but it still doesn't feel cluttered. As you can tell, I was smitten, and after an informal and relatively short interview, I left feeling pretty positive.

Later that week I received the phone call I had been waiting for and was asked to start a week later. That was 6 weeks ago now, and since then I have learned so much, most importantly, to write everything down! I had to catch on to that one pretty fast as it can get hectic, and I was starting to go mad trying to remember a to-do list as long as my arm!

For the remaining 6 weeks I will try to give you a bit of an insight in to what I have been doing, what I have learned, what it's really like to intern at French Connection, and everything in between. Especially the part about the Sample Sales!

2 comments:

  1. Hi i love reading your blog!

    How did the internship go?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete